Fireworks are not allowed in the city of Seattle without a permit.
Here’s some alternative ways to celebrate safely:
- Piñatas – Turn your celebration into a festive and exciting event with a colorful paper-mache piñata!
- Balloons with confetti – Slip confetti inside balloons before inflating them! Pop them to make your own, indoor, flame-free fireworks!
- Noisemakers – Make some noise to welcome in the new year!
- Glow-in-the-dark bubbles – Everyone loves bubbles!
- Glow sticks – A brilliant and safe way to light up the night!
- Public events – Attend a public fireworks display, light show or ball drop!
Happy New Year!