Help keep you and your family fire safe this holiday weekend by following these fire safety tips:
- Use flame-less candles or glow-sticks in jack-o-lanterns.
- Dried flowers, cornstalks and crepe paper can catch fire easily, keep all decorations away from open flames and other heat sources like light bulbs and heaters.
- If using candles, extinguish them before leaving a room – keep kids and pets away, they can inadvertently injure themselves or knock over candles.
- Remember to keep exits clear of decorations – nothing should block escape routes.
- If you or your children are going to Halloween parties at others’ homes, look for ways out of the home and plan how to get out in an emergency.