This October, the Seattle Fire Department is hosting a series of events for children and families to celebrate Fire Prevention Month.
Lessons of the Past & Present: What the Great Seattle Fire can teach us about fire safety today.
Hosted by the Musuem of History and Industry on Friday, October 2 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Tour antique fire trucks
- Talk with firefighters and learn about their jobs today
- Arson dog demonstrations
- Firefighter story times
- Fire safety activities for kids
- Seattle Fire Department history
- Tour the Great Seattle Fire exhibit
- FREE ADMISSION- Bring your families!
Firefighter Story Times and The Seattle Public Library
Firefighters read fire safety stories to preschoolers at local library branches throughout the month.
Thursday, October 1
Central Library @ 10:30 AM
With Fire Chief Gregory Dean
Friday, October 2
Museum of History & Industry @ 10:30
Wednesday, October 7
Capital Hill Branch @ 10:30 AM
With Fire Marshal Chief John Nelsen
Thursday, October 8
University Branch @ 10:30 AM
Wednesday, October 14
High Point Branch @ 3:00 PM
Thursday, October 15
Lake City Branch @ 10:30 AM
Fremont Branch @ 11:00 AM
School Programs and the Museum of History and Industry: Cracking the History Code: Lessons of the Great Seattle Fire
- Offered throughout the month of October
- Facilitated by museum educators and the Seattle Fire Department
- To register: www.seattlehistory.org