The following information is updated as of 12 p.m. on May 4:
Quarantine and Isolation:
- Members currently in quarantine or isolation: 17 members
- Total number of SFD personnel impacted since the beginning of tracking COVID-19: 127 members
- Total number of SFD personnel who have completed their 14-day quarantine and returned to work: 110 members
This includes those who have received testing at the site designated for first responders and those who have shared their results from testing conducted at a private physician.
- Total number of known SFD personnel who have tested positive for COVID-19: 18 members
(note: a previous positive test has now been ruled negative)
- Total number of SFD personnel with a negative test results at first responder testing site: 93 members
- Total number of SFD personnel who have tested positive for COVID-19 and have recovered: 16 members
Highlight of the Week:
In April the Seattle Fire Department launched two Mobile Assessment Teams to test patients and staff for COVID-19 at long-term care facilities. In Seattle, nearly half of COVID-related deaths have been associated with long-term care facilities and over 90% of deaths have been individuals who are older than 60. By implementing the Mobile Assessment Teams, we are utilizing our trained paramedics and EMTs to conduct testing at our most vulnerable facilities to help slow the transmission of this disease.
Read more about this new effort on Fireline.