SEATTLE – On Saturday, Oct. 6, the Seattle Fire Department, in partnership with the Museum of History and Industry (MOHAI) will kick off Fire Prevention Month with Seattle Fire Day – a fun day learning about fire safety, past and present! Admission to the first floor of the museum will be free from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Visitors will have the opportunity to:
- Tour antique fire trucks, a modern day fire engine, ladder truck and SFD fireboat
- Watch demonstrations of firefighters in full gear
- Engage in fun fire safety activities with the Seattle Fire Department
- Watch a fire rescue dog in action
- Try on firefighting gear
- Participate in hands-on history
- Listen to firefighter story time
- Enjoy a craft center
For a complete schedule of Seattle Fire Department’s Fire Prevention Month activities, including Firefighter Story Times with the Seattle Public Library, visit seattle.gov/fire.
- What: Seattle Fire Day
- When: Oct. 6 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Where: Museum of History and Industry – 860 Terry Ave. N.