Summer is winding down, but there is plenty of time for fun and learning this Saturday, Aug. 24 as the Seattle Fire Department hosts its Seattle Fire Day. Join us from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. at the Stan Sayres Memorial Park along Lake Washington.
Everyone is welcome at this free event, which includes tours, educational tables and activities. Bring your cameras and sunscreen for these outdoor activities:
- Tours of a Seattle fireboat (watch the water display as it arrives at 10 a.m.)
- Climbing aboard the Rescue One fire engine and ladder truck
- Exploring an aid unit and learning about Hands-Only CPR
- Games and activities that teach fire safety and prevent injuries (prizes included!)
- Search and rescue dog in action
- Story time with firefighters
- Rescue swimmer team demonstrations
There will be opportunities to try on firefighting gear and test your skills in our firefighter challenge, as well.
Specific times for scheduled activities are included on Seattle Fire’s Nextdoor and Facebook events pages. The Seattle Fire team looks forward to seeing you!
Our appreciation to Seattle Parks and Recreation, the Seattle Fire Foundation and IAFF, Local 27 for their generous support for this event.