Halloween and trick-or-treating is just around the corner. Follow these safety tips to keep your litter monsters safe during this year’s activities:
- Wear reflective gear while trick-or-treating.
- When choosing costumes, stay away from trailing fabrics, to prevent falls and injury.
- Teach children to stay away from open flames, including jack-o-lanterns with candles.
- Remember to keep exits clear of decorations so nothing blocks an escape route. Make sure all smoke alarms in the home are working.
- Use a battery-operated candle or glow stick in jack-o-lanterns.
- Dried flowers, corn stalks and crepe paper can catch fire easily, keep all decorations away from open flames and other heat sources like light-bulbs and heaters.