The following information is updated as of 7 p.m. on April 27:
Quarantine and Isolation:
- Members currently in quarantine or isolation: 39 members
- Total number of SFD personnel impacted since the beginning of tracking COVID-19: 127 members
- Total number of SFD personnel who have completed their 14-day quarantine and returned to work: 88 members
This includes those who have received testing at the site designated for first responders and those who have shared their results from testing conducted at a private physician.
- Total number of known SFD personnel who have tested positive for COVID-19: 19 members
- Total number of SFD personnel with a negative test results at first responder testing site: 87 members
- Total number of SFD personnel who have tested positive for COVID-19 and have recovered: 16 members
Highlight of the Week:
Seattle Fire partnered with Seattle Police on April 24 to bring the community our second FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS event. Fire engines, ladder trucks, police patrol cars and command staff traveled slowly through neighborhoods flashing lights and sounding sirens to let the community know we are here to serve during this challenging time of battling COVID-19.
Community members from thousands of homes waved from windows and doorsteps as the apparatus passed by, affirming that we are #SeattleTogether and will get through this. We thank the community for their continued support.
Ahead of Friday’s event, Firefighter Brian Friske’s children used their artistic skills while staying at home to help make hand-drawn signs for Engine 36 to post on their rig. The signs had phrases such as “Station 36 cares”, “stay safe” and “we are here for you”.