The following information is updated as of 5 p.m. on May 18:
Quarantine and Isolation:
- Members currently in quarantine or isolation: 0 members
- Total number of SFD personnel impacted since the beginning of tracking COVID-19: 127 members
- Total number of SFD personnel who have completed their 14-day quarantine and returned to work: 127 members
This includes those who have received testing at the site designated for first responders and those who have shared their results from testing conducted at a private physician.
- Total number of known SFD personnel who have tested positive for COVID-19: 18 members
(note: a previous positive test has now been ruled negative)
- Total number of SFD personnel with a negative test results at first responder testing site: 93 members
- Total number of SFD personnel who have tested positive for COVID-19 and have recovered: 18 members
Highlight of the Week:
The Seattle Fire Department has 73 firefighter-paramedics and 932 firefighter-EMTs serving this City, with an on duty strength of 210 uniform personnel per day. On this year’s National EMS Week, and especially during the COVID-19 pandemic, we thank these members and EMS workers across the world for their dedicated service.
Note: this photo was taken during a training.