The Seattle Fire Department and Police Department have responded to seven intentionally set fires in the Central District vicinity beginning on Dec. 4. Most of the fires have been set to vehicles or debris. The Seattle Fire Department’s fire investigators continue to work closely with the Seattle Police Department’s Arson and Bomb Squad to share information regarding the ongoing investigations.
In light of these recent fires, SFD and SPD ask the public to immediately call 911 if you see someone setting an illegal fire, and to take steps to reduce the chance of a fire occurring at your home or business.
General information on new fires that occur in the Central District and neighboring areas will be posted to this blog on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Further details regarding recent fires are kept confidential to maintain the integrity of the investigative process. Note: fires that occur the same day as an update may not be included immediately, as final reports by fire investigators are typically released the following day.
- Dec. 4: 150 Blk. of 12th Ave. – vehicle fire
- Dec. 6: 150 Blk. of 12th Ave. – vehicle fire
- Dec. 6: 900 Blk. of Hiawatha Pl. S. – motorcycle fire
- Dec. 8: 1400 Blk. of S. Jackson St. – storage shed fire
- Dec. 8: 16th Ave. S. and S. Main St. – motorcycle cover fire
- Dec. 8: 19th Ave. S. and S. Jackson St.: debris fire
- Dec. 8: 1100 Blk. of 21st Ave. S.: two debris fires next to building under construction