Here are a few dryer safety tips:
- Have a professional install and service your dryer.
- Make sure the right plug and outlet are used.
- Clean the lint filter before and after each load of laundry.
- Check the exhaust pipe once a year for buildup of lint that can restrict the flow of hot air.
- Turn the dryer off before you leave home or go to bed.
- Do not overload your dryer
For more information, visit http://www.nfpa.org/public-education/by-topic/safety-in-the-home/dryers-and-washing-machines/dryer-safety-tips